One Two Three

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My new love. It's one of a kind, definitely a dangerous love affair with my dear
Liu Sha Bao aka custard bun.
HAHA
It should be wrapped in a soft pillowy dough with filling filled with egg custard and salted duck egg’s yolk and it should flow out like how the chocolate molten lava cake should.
danger of getting fat and getting hurt if they don't.
my heart skips a beat each time i tear open the buns.


I'm on a hunt for the best liu sha bao, still very faraway from the quest cos so far I only had 3 pretty amazing ones.


JUST LOOK AT IT!!!!
This one was from The Paramount under Tunglok.
It's the best that I've eaten so far and mmmmm, I am still craving for it. I can stare at the picture day long and imagine myself taking a bite of it.
The filling is super rich and buttery. (can you believe I used to not like salted eggish stuff?) my love for salted egg has definitely changed ever since I've tasted LSBs. I can't describe this anymore if not I'll just simply drool over it all over again, one has to try to know the heavenly taste of this wondrous creation. I can eat 10buns if I'm allowed to definitely.

 Here's the one from Royal China.
Pz brought us there to satisfy my craving for LSB. He refused to tell us where we were heading to and when we were nearing the place, Concon and I was like eyes wide open and with OH MY faces. Reason being Royal China was situated at somewhere at Raffles Hotel and Raffles Hotel is.. you know, one hell of an atas place. He assured it was not that atas and the price would be reasonable and it was indeed quite alright, just slightly steeper but not to the extent of what we expected.

Back to the LSB, this one was a bit disappointing to the taste despite the flowing filling being really generous (just look at how it dripped onto my plate, in fact it actually burst out when I tried to peel it open) The filling was not as rich and buttery, probably because they added anextra ingredient : Mango. No chance of tasting it though. I guess older people would like this version better? I like my stuff with richer taste like fudgy chocolate, spam cheese on pasta, you get the idea, so like wise for LSB! I packet one set for XY cos he was drooling over it over the whatsapp and after he tasted it, according to him it tasted awesome. But yea, he owe me one LSB treat now! woohoo! :D

Last but not least, the one at Old Hong Kong Legend.
I pleaded with mummy to get her to buy me some LSB cos she's going to have dim sum with her colleages. The filling is rather a good blend but it was just too little, either that or the bun was too thick. So thick bun with very little fillings means a treat for my baby girl xD I hate plain bland buns. 


On a side note, their har gow was good and when I say good it's not because the prawns were huge and succulent and fresh but because the skin was of a right texture and it actually had this wonderful taste to it. I hardly eaten any good har gow nowadays because all of them are just thick skin wrapping prawns. So if I wanna eat prawns, I might as well order some prawn dish and not order haw gow just for the prawn and force the skin down my throat really reluctant.


So I'm at the end of my LSB post and am really craving for one now. Ahhhh. But guess what, I was googling and NUS guild house which is just like 5mins walk away has LSB?!? AHAHAHAH
I am so going there and hopefully real soon! 
The hunt for good food is too expensive. I'm broke to having eating rocks and air for meals now. Oh wells. No pain no gain. 


Okay great, I just checked and apparently you have to be a member to be able to dine there.
I'm gna go cry in my room right now.
So near, yet so far.