One Two Three

Friday, August 3, 2012

PAIN?


meh.


Went for my wisdom tooth extraction today, Lua and Cel accompanied me cos we came from hall! <3 br="br" nbsp="nbsp">


$1000 for one wisdom tooth extraction is way too expensive for my pocket. Mine cost $278++ including X-ray for my right upper and lower teeth! I saved hundreds! But it comes at a cost, it's a student demo, meaning, surgeon extracting, student watching/assisting! Thanks to SJ for this deal, too bad he can't pluck for me cos he has already graduated.

Started taking my X-ray, removed earrings on my left ear. Took the x-ray and realised I forgot to remove the last earring on my right. Oops.

Into the surgery room, they suggested I remove the top right tooth too. Initially, I was only prepared to remove the lower one. Oh wells. So they injected the anesthesia into my gum. My heart started beating really quickly because apparently after what I heard this would be the most painful part of the extraction? Verdict: 5/10 One thing I had to bear was the surgeon injected the needle halfway and he talked a whole lot of crap to the students telling them this is the vein in the gum/insert here/blah blah. I was like, SERIOUSLY!?! -.- It was probably an extra 5-10s but with that needle in your gum it felt like an eternity. And one part, while he was teaching the students, he accidentally squirted some of the solution at my face and IT BURNS.

The rest of the surgery went smoothly! To extract the bottom tooth, they had to cut the tooth in half. I was expecting them to yank it out but I felt nothing near that except for the fact that my mouth started cramping after having to open it for so long. PHEW! 

The top tooth was done by the student and the surgeon inspected while she's at it. I was kinda apprehensive cos the student started forcing a wedge into my teeth with a mightful force and feeling as though she couldn't do it, to add to it, the surgeon asked whether she had the correct tooth. I'm not sure whether he said it on purpose to punk me or something but it sure got me. Thoughts of having to react to a wrong tooth plucked started reenacting in my head, having them to compensate me, ... ... YES she answered. *wipes beads of perspiration*

And wheeeee! it was done :D

I got to see my both my tooth! and they asked whether I would like to keep it and... guess what I replied?


Yes, of course.
TADAH! it was bloody and all so I had to add the effects if not it would look utterly gross. 

Had to collect some medicine from the pharmacist and when I was done they came to pick me! :) Started talking with totally off pronunciation and non stop prodding my own cheeks. The anesthesia has not wore off yet so my mouth was completely numb and super fun to touch. LOL. I talked with a slur and it was ridiculously funny! I had to continuously swallow my saliva/blood during the ride if not I would be drooling blood out. When I got home, I had to change the gauze!


Bloody bloody gauze.

It wasn't painful yet and I fell asleep while watching tv. Woke up cos of the pain as the anesthesia had wore off. To ease the pain... I went to the freezer and got ICE CREAM. B&Js ftw :D Mmmmm. So far, the pain was still bearable, able to talk and all. It was distracting so I ate a painkiller.

When mummy came back, she had a pack of tau sa pian(CRAVING FOR DAMN LONG PLEASE) and I can't eat it. :( Saw some cookies and I couldn't resist. Took one and it was my biggest regret. I started tearing involuntarily while chewing on the cookie. Washing my mouth after finishing the cookie was painful too. It was the most painful thing yet, even worse than the injections.


Wisdom tooth extraction is not a biggie but the aftermath of it is quite a challenge.....
I'm hungry :(