|
One Two Three
|
Wednesday, January 2, 2013
It's 2013!
HAPPY NEW YEAR:) On the last day of 2012, we did a LOTR marathon! Since the other time we watched hobbit, it's time to recap on our very lovely Middle Earth. We calculated and we didn't have time for all 3 movies cos we were heading to Swee Choon for dinner so we watched The Two Towers and The Return of the King extended version! The day before was really hectic, with me packing the house, baking cookies, preparing food and all. Groomed Zeffie myself because she was messy as usual and had to bathe her so she smell better. So so tired afterwards. And I woke up earlier to prepare more food again! Then it was time to pick YL, XY and XY from the MRT! They brought some breakfast over and the marathon begins! Lunch break after the first movie, mushroom soup, baked eggs with pork and some finger food! We had a fair share of time of stretching and filling our tummies before we started on my favourite movie from LOTR! And omg, it was freaking 4hours long :O By the time the movie ended, we were already late to meet Jason and TH for dinner at Swee Choon. Cabbed there and when we arrived, they were next in queue! Perfect timing! (Y) We ordered many many many food. My stomach was exploding when we were done with desserts! Walked to City Square to check out GV and the arcade. There weren't any common shows that we all have yet to caught and the arcade didn't have any bishibashi machine! Can you believe that? And what's more astonishing is that YL doesn't know what BB is! How can anyone not know of this game! LOL. And we almost played the bball hoops again. The other time we played it, XY's and I scored 500++. We are very proud of it because despite having pathetic chemistry, the score was reasonably good! There were nothing else to do at city square so we headed to XY's place for countdown!! We chilled a bit before we started with the drinking games! It was mad hilarious. We didn't sleepover cos train were extended and I wanted to head home too. And so, we left when it was time to catch the last train! I love the feeling of going to bed feeling slightly tipsy, somehow I always sleep a lot better that way. This year's countdown was quieter because, I realised that for the past two years, countdowns were with the family at Kukup with fireworks blasting up, setting off sky lanterns into the sky and 20 over people shouting the countdown together. It felt so surreal and magical. I wanted to share this feeling with all my love ones. In 2012, I performed, I failed, I met many new friends but lost a couple along the way, travelled for the first time with friends, restored my sleeping disorder, so many more to name and even escaped death. It constantly slipped off my mind that I should be grateful to be standing on both feet, breathing and having an abled body. But recalling the incident somehow jolts how lucky I am to be able to just live... I chose to finish dancing for piecing before leaving for work at the zoo. I always have the mindset of if you're late, just drive faster and you'll be on time. And so, I did. Everything was going fine, till I got lost and it started pouring really heavily. It didn't helped that I have totally no idea where I was and my phone's battery was depleting. I drove on for about at least twenty minutes before I saw a road sign that I was familiar with! After feeling lost(like literally) for so long, I thought I finally could get it right and still make it to work on time! But no, I took a wrong turn again. (Yes, I am hopeless with directions) I was frustrated and in all sorts of panic modes. Then, it happened. I have no idea which road or bend it occurred but it was those long turning/winding bend that would lead you to the expressway. I was of course, driving fast because I was already late for the camp, so when I entered the bend, at a quarter of it, I figured I should slow down to be safe and stepping on the brake was what always cost me/saved my life. The car freaking skidded. I did a 360 degrees turn and was now facing the oncoming traffic. On a side note, I finally know how actors in the Tokyo drift feel like. Before the car came to a halt, I seriously thought that I was going to crash into the barrier but at the last moment, the car continued to skid and stopped, facing the other way instead. And in my face staring back at me was this huge ass construction lorry. I think the driver was as stunned as I am because he didn't move his vehicle for a few seconds before he continued driving. At this point of time, I was still facing the oncoming traffic and a few cars had gone by after the lorry. Once the cars cleared, I immediately did a 3 point turn and while at the 2nd point, a car came by, stopped, and we saw each other's stunned face and he waited for me to be done with it. Everything happened so quickly, I seriously had no idea what was happening when the car skidded. Afterwards, I continued on driving and there was a jam because an accident occurred. I kept pinching myself to check whether I was alive. Then came many thoughts running through my mind. What if I had just crashed!? If the car didn't swerve at the last moment I would have crashed into it and if I had entered the bend with the lorry directly behind me, even if I survived the swerve, the lorry could have just rammed into me and if the lanes weren't wide enough, I would totally not be able to successfully do the drifting thing and if the car I met during the 3 point turn was being a reckless fool like me speeding down the bend, he would have crashed into me too. I cannot emphasize how lucky I was. I shared what happened with some and was wondering whether I should tell Mummy and then I figured I should. But I only did it after the camp, when I got home and could tell her face to face. If not, she would definitely be worrying throughout the camp and on my drive home from the zoo. Hi, I am alive :) and I am very blessed for everything that I have now and hopefully in time to come, I can fully appreciate all that I have and not have too! May 2013 be good to me and you :) |